Spending money on gas is inevitable when you drive a vehicle. Although it’s hard to avoid spending money on gas, there are ways you can save the amount you’re spending. To start saving, practice the following gas-saving driving tips:
- Avoid high speeds. As speed increases, so does aerodynamic drag, which can use cause more use of gas.
- Keep your tires properly inflated. Keeping air pressure at maintained levels can improve your gas mileage.
- Cut down on A/C use and keep windows closed. Air conditioning puts an extra load on the engine and uses more fuel. Keeping windows closed will help reduce drag.
- Control how you accelerate and brake. Applying slow and steady acceleration and braking can increase your fuel economy.
- Get your car serviced regularly. Routine maintenance can help your car more efficiently and help you avoid issues that can increase your vehicle’s mileage.
By taking the time to practice gas-saving tips, you can help save yourself money bit by bit over time.
Provided by Kingsgate Insurance.
© 2022 Zywave, Inc. All rights reserved.